Saturday, March 24, 2007

Thoughts from Washington D.C.

Well here we are (Sandy and I) in Washington D.C., for Yanik Silver's Underground Online Marketing Seminar. More accurately, we're at the Hyatt Hotel in Crystal City, Virginia, which is south of the Pentagon, and across the Potomac, south and east of the White house, and the rest of the attractions in your Nation's Capitol. Sandy is attending all the sessions of the seminar, and I'm holed up in my room adding some more useful content to our website, www.electrical-online.com.
Shamefully, I see that it has been since November of 2006 since my last blog entry, and this pathetic frequency is something that we are going to change starting right now. Sandy is enjoying the sessions, and is getting a lot of valuable information from them. Our goal this weekend is to get away from the routine at home so Sandy can learn new ideas at the seminar that we can apply to our site, and for me to get some uninterrupted time away from the contracting business to work on the website. At lunch break, and in the evening, Sandy shares what she's learned from the day's events. I must admit that I'm a little torn between getting out and touring all that there is to see here, and staying in the room to create content, but we are dedicating Monday as "Tacky Tourist Day" and will get out and see the sites. I'll be adding daily entries to the blog until Monday night, and then we'll set a more manageable blog entry schedule after that, but I promise that the days of quarterly entries are behind us now.
Until tomorrow,
Terry Peterman
The Internet Electrician

No comments: