Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Washington D.C. leaves lasting impression.

After a long day of touring DC, and a fairly long day of travel, we're back in the great white north (Canada eh?).
I wasn't able to post a new blog until tonight, but I'd like to comment on the impression that your nation's capitol has left on Sandy and I. Washington D.C. wasn't a place that was on our "places to visit in the near future" list, but the Yanik Silver Internet Marketing conference is held there, and Sandy and I wanted to attend, so why not spend an extra day to check out the sights. Let's just say that we will be back someday, and we'll plan on spending at least a week. We were awe-struck, with the historical significance of the statues and monuments, and with the physical size of it all. You see these landmarks on television, or in the movies (Forrest....is that you Forrest?) but nothing can do justice to the magnitude of these icons of American history.
My friends to the south, you have so much to be proud of. What you, and the rest of the free world stand for, is all there, etched in the walls of these magnificant structures, with the great men who authored our way of life, standing proud to see that we continue on with the dream. I couldn't help but think about that terrible day (September 11), and the anger that it stirs up inside me, and I feel so grateful to the thousands of all of our men and women that have died, and continue to give their lives for all of us in the free world. Thank God that some people still believe that what we have is worth defending. I am one of those people.
Thank-you U.S.A., and from a proud Canadian let's all remember these words. United we Stand!

No comments: